Traffic LarKC wins the AI Mashup ChallengePosted by in cloud computing | large scale | reasoning | semantic web
The detail of “Traffic_LarKC” can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/fh-hannover.de/aimashup11/home/traffic_larkc, but in brief:
Four different datasets are used:
- the traffic sensors data, obtained from Milano Municipality
- the Milano street topology
- historical weather data from the Italian website ilMeteo.it
- calendar information (week days and week-end days, holidays, etc.) from Milano Municipality and from the Mozilla Calendar project.
These are used in a batchtime workflow to predict the traffic situation over the next two ours and in a runtime workflow to respond to route-planning queries from users.
- The demo can be found at http://larkc.cefriel.it/traffic-larkc,
- a video is at http://larkc.cefriel.it/traffic-larkc/traffic-larkc-video.html
- a paper is at https://sites.google.com/a/fh-hannover.de/aimashup11/home/traffic_larkc/traffic-larkc2_aimc-eswc-2011.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1, and
- the competition entry is at https://sites.google.com/a/fh-hannover.de/aimashup11/home/traffic_larkc.
This LarKC workflow shows that Linked Open Data and the corresponding technologies are now getting good enough to compete with what’s possible in closed commercial systems.
Congratulations to the entire team that has made this possible!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.